Membership in AACTE is institutional—meaning a whole institution signs up, giving all of its employees and students access to the Association’s benefits. Individuals at member institutions are kept abreast of the latest developments in educator preparation and are part of a network of successful professionals working together to improve the quality of educator preparation.
Regular membership is granted to 4-year, degree-granting, domestic colleges and universities with a commitment to the preparation of education personnel.
To be eligible for membership, institutions must meet the following criteria:
- The institution is a 4-year or upper-division graduate or undergraduate degree-granting institution.
- The institution’s primary purposes are educational.
- The institution is regionally accredited.
- The institution is committed to equal education opportunity, affirmative action, diversity, and multiculturalism.
- The institution can demonstrate that the preparation of professional educators is one of its most important institutional purposes.
- The institution is committed to the preparation of professional educators for PK-12 schools.
- The institution has an identifiable unit devoted to the preparation and training of professional educators.
- Resources are available to the professional education unit in the areas of personnel, funding, physical facilities, library, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- The institution has written policies and procedures (including admissions and exit criteria, student assessment, and evaluation of graduates) upon which the operation of the unit rests.
Are you ready to join the premier national association for educator preparation? Download a printable copy of our regular membership application, or apply online below.
Institutions and organizations not eligible for regular membership may be eligible for affiliate membership. Affiliate membership is granted to the following:
- Not-for-profit, 2-year, degree-granting domestic institutions of higher education
- Not-for-profit, 2-year or 4-year, degree-granting foreign institutions of higher education
- Not-for-profit companies, organizations, state education associations, regional education laboratories, university-based research or policy centers, schools, or other not-for-profit educational associations
- For-profit schools, organizations, associations, agencies, centers, corporations, or commercial companies
Join us and make a difference in educator preparation nationwide. Download a printable copy of our affiliate application or apply online.